WELCOME TO DIG IT PROJECTS
'LEARNING without WALLS'
Multi-Award Winning Allotment-Style Gardens for Schools and Community Projects.
Ways we can help you:
- Create a low maintenance, safe place to play and learn
- Develop and increase knowledge through outdoor learning
- Bespoke designs to suit all locations, spaces and budgets
- Educate through our sustainable workshops and lesson plans
- Follow up maintenance services and SLA's designed to your unique needs
- We can offer you a 'Bespoke Service' to enhance your Outdoor Learning Area's
Sunnyside AcademyRecently the team have been busy installing this allotment style garden at Sunnyside Academy in Coulby Newham. The garden has wheelchair access in the form of a lovely yellow path made from wayfarers gravel.
We included lots of raised beds for the children to work with and the handy potting shed has and eco-friendly compost unit and a water butt for recyling rainwater. There is also a polytunnel which will help to extend the growing season when the weather starts to get colder. We think this Allotment Style Garden is a fantastic way of utilising a small area
Growing the National Curriculum in 2014The new National Curriculum for Primary schools has been published and as predicted, gardening continues to be a key theme, particularly in the early years. Learning outcomes for years 1 – 3 include:
- Identify and name a variety of common plants including garden plants and trees/ deciduous and evergreen.
- Identify and describe the basic structure of a variety of common flowering plants.
- Observe changes across the four seasons.
- Observe and describe how seeds and bulbs grow into mature plants.
- Find out and describe how plants need water, light and suitable temperature to grow and thrive.
- Identify that most living things live in habitats and micro-habitats.
- Identify and describe the functions of different flowering plants.
- Explore the requirements of plants for life and growth and how these vary.
- Explore the part flowers play in the life cycle of flowering plants.
Dig It Projects can help you with all you need to capture the imagination and enthusiasm of the pupils in your school/ nursery/ community group. From outdoor classrooms and bespoke planters to seeds and lesson plans, we can supply all you need to deliver thought-provoking, practical and interesting lessons. We can even help you source funding.
Call 01287 655430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
The show aired on Monday 12th May 2014. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0446mcv
Richard and the team were very pleased to help DIY SOS transform the lives of a couple in Houghton le Spring. Volunteering their time and know-how for the week, Dig It Projects carried out the landscaping and gardening work.